Community Services Coordinator
September 29, 2015
Primary Objectives: The Community Services Coordinator works closely with the Community Program Director to support survivors of Domestic Violence living in the community, collaborates in the planning, development and evaluation of programs, and is responsible for other activities as assigned. All direct service employees of The Second Step are expected to implement case management tasks from a trauma-informed perspective.
Hours: 40 Hours a week. Typically 9-5, and may include some evenings.
Primary Duties include but are not limited to:
· Providing case management, safety planning, psycho-education, referrals, and support services to clients
· Advocating on behalf of survivors in areas such as the medical field, with landlords & utility companies, school systems, and other social service agencies
· Training, planning, group facilitation and administrative duties for the IMAGINE Program.
· Leading psycho-educational groups
Additional Responsibilities may include:
· Supervising volunteers and interns
· Facilitating primary prevention workshops for a wide variety of audiences
· Master’s degree preferred. Bachelor's degree and extensive experience in the field of Domestic Violence/Trauma required.
· Knowledge of public housing
· Cultural competence and/or willingness to learn
· Collaborative team player
· Public Speaking experience
· Strong communication skills and knowledge of computer programs
· Organizational skills including the ability to work under pressure
· Bi-lingual candidates preferred.
Salary and Benefits: Commensurate with experience includes benefits.
The Second Step is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.
Send resume and cover letter to C. Thompson at email@example.com or mail to The Second Step, P.O. Box 600213, Newtonville, MA 02460. No phone calls please.
Please direct your application to firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to List »