About the Position:
Work as an integral part of our Residential Services Team under the supervision of the Residential Services Coordinator supporting individuals and their families who are survivors of domestic violence. While a staff person may be hired to work at a specific location, the job may also entail splitting shifts between both residences and/or providing coverage at both locations. Each residence has its own uniqueness, and therefore the expectations as outlined below may slightly differ between them.
General Duties and Responsibilities
(but not limited to):
- Ensure the safety of guests and residence.
- Enforce expectations and regulations of The Second Step as outlined by the program.
- Implement the daily procedures as outlined by Residential Services Coordinator.
- Foster a harmonious atmosphere within the shelter by helping residents to identify and resolve social and other problems, including conflict.
- Assist Resident’s life skills as needed (i.e. meal planning and preparation, house cleaning, hygiene, etc.).
- Help prepare rooms for new residents.
- Respond effectively to emergency situations.
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings as requested by Supervisor
- Monitor supply and distribution of donated "house food and supplies".
- Copy, collate and type program paperwork and perform other clerical tasks as requested by supervisory staff.
- Maintain information board to keep it neat, current and pertinent.
- Maintain Transportation Log and Residential Restoration Rotation.
Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in related field and experience working with individuals within the human-service field, or High School Diploma or equivalency with four or more years working with people, preferably in a residential setting.
It is preferred that applicants have experience in one or more of the following areas: working with families, domestic violence, trauma, mental health and substance abuse issues.
Ability to be flexible in schedule-evenings and weekends
Valid driver's license and ability/willingness to transport Residents and their families as needed.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bi-lingual (Spanish a plus)
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word, outlook, power point)
May include lifting and supporting up to 40 lbs.
May be required to bend, stoop, and kneel
All employees must pass a CORI background check
Performs other tasks as needed.
1 year minimum
Sundays, 4 p.m. to 10 p.m., other shifts may be available
Send resumes to
: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org